- Meal Plans
- Dining Dollars
- Locations & Hours
- What's New
- Fresh & Healthy
Meal Plan Terms & Conditions 2012
- Meal Plan Use
- Where Meal Plans Are Accepted
- Athletic Meal Plans
- Fraternities and Sororities
- Cancellations / Termination of Contract
- ALL Plan (Athletic, Freshman, Grad, Greek, RA, Upperclassmen) Terms and Conditions
CONTRACT DURATION: The duration of all meal plans is both the fall and spring semester of any academic year. The charge for the meal plan you select will be posted to your student account once for the fall semester and again for the spring semester.
ELIGIBILITY: Any student at The University of Alabama may purchase a meal plan. However, only the customer named is entitled to services extended under the meal plan options; you may not transfer services to other customers.
Our Promise: We agree to provide all-you-care-to-eat dining hall access at Lakeside Dining Hall, Fresh Food Company, and Burke Dining Hall during all regular hours of operation. In addition, Julia’s Market in Tutwiler Hall accepts meal plans for designated Fresh 2 Go selections, and Bryant Dining accepts non-athletic meal plans during the lunch service only. The evening Training Table meal at Bryant Dining requires one meal swipe plus an up-charge of $9.75 (2 meal swipes are NOT accepted in place of the up-charge). Please note that we strive to adhere to all hours of operation, however due to remodeling, maintenance, inclement weather, and other unforeseen events, the hours of operation may change. All operational changes will be posted promptly. Please check the Bama Dining website (bamadining.ua.edu) and posted signs at dining locations for any operational changes.
The first meal served for the fall semester will be dinner on Sunday, August 12, 2012. All dining facilities will close after lunch on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 for the Thanksgiving break and reopen on Saturday, November 24, 2012 at the regularly scheduled operating time for the Auburn/Alabama game. Our last meal for the fall semester will be lunch on Friday, December 13, 2012. Spring semester meal plan service will begin on Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 4:00 p.m., and end on Friday, May 3, 2013. All Bama Dining facilities will be closed March 22-29, 2013 for Spring Break.
Your Promise: Upon confirming your schedule with The University of Alabama, you agree to make payment on your student account balance according to billing instructions published by The Office of Student Receivables. Please visit the Student Receivables website for more information (http://studentreceivables.ua.edu/important_dates.html). The charge for the meal plan you select will be posted to your student account once for the fall semester and again for the spring semester. Per the Payment/Confirmation Policy of the Office of Student Receivables, “Students will be notified via myBama e-mail when to access their student account at myBama to see each billing period’s activity and begin paying/confirming for that period. NO PAPER BILLS WILL BE MAILED.” It is very important for you to understand that this agreement is for the FULL ACADEMIC YEAR and is not just for the fall semester. Billing dates for each semester may be found at the Student Receivables website: (http://studentreceivables.ua.edu/important_dates.html).
The University of Alabama is committed to providing its students with a comprehensive educational experience. The University has determined that for most first year students, on-campus dining has numerous educational, social, and dietary benefits. In recognition of the value of the living-learning experience, the University of Alabama requires first year students to participate in the First-Year Experience Meal Plan. All first year students will be automatically billed for an All Access plan for both fall and spring semesters.
Upperclassmen may upgrade from one qualifying meal plan to another at anytime during the semester without paying a service charge. All other permitted changes will incur a $35 service charge. At the conclusion of the spring semester, unused balances will be forfeited.
Downgrades and cancellations are not allowed, with the exception of:
- Cancellations are accepted for first-year students with evidence of a housing exemption.
- Meal plan cancellations for the fall term are not permitted after the first business day of September (upperclassmen only).
- Spring downgrades and cancellations are only permitted for upperclassmen who are new meal plan members for the spring term. No changes will be accepted after the first day of class in January.
If you decide to withdraw from the University you may cancel your meal plan contract. A $35 service charge will be assessed to your account. Refunds will be posted to your student account based on the proration of tuition schedule set by The Office of Student Receivables or the number of meals consumed, whichever is greater. This proration schedule is absolute.
Meal Plan Use
- Meal plan members may use their meal plan multiple times per day; however, only one (1) meal may be redeemed at a time.
- If a meal plan member wants to redeem more than one meal at once, a guest meal or other funds must be used.
- Meal plan users have the option of eating their meal in the dining location or taking their meal to-go, but are not permitted to do both at the same time.
- Meals to be consumed by anyone other than the meal plan member must be purchased with guest meals or other funds.
- All meal plans will expire on the last day of classes for the spring semester; remaining meals will NOT rollover to summer or the following fall semester.
- Athletic meal plans may be purchased for an additional $395 per term.
- The athletic meal plan allows members to consume 1 training table meal per day, up to 5 per week, per NCAA regulations; this applies to athletes and non-athletes alike.
- All students are eligible for the athletic meal plan and do not have to be athletes or on scholarship.
- Students with regular (non-athletic) meal plans may dine at Bryant Dining using their meal plan with payment of the standard Bryant Sports Grill up charge of $9.75 for dinner only. A second meal plan swipe cannot cover the dinner up-charge.
- The up charge is for the evening training table meal only.
- Freshmen students who join a Greek organization with an in-house kitchen, that requires a meal plan purchase within the organization, will automatically have their meal plan reduced to the Greek 50 meal plan when UA Dining Services receives pledge lists from the Greek Affairs office.
- Sorority reductions occur on the first business day in September and Fraternity downgrades occur before the first Monday in October. Greek Organizations are responsible for sending pledge list to UA Dining Services within this time frame. Students are responsible for confirming the meal plan downgrade on their student account.
- Students who qualify for the Greek 50 may upgrade to a standard meal plan, or have no plan at all. If the student chooses to have no meal plan, a payment of $197 per semester is required. All requests for downgrades to the Greek 50 or no-meal plan ($197) must be received by the first day of class for fall sorority pledges, and the first Monday in October for the fall fraternity pledges.
- How will we credit the original All Access plan to your account:
- If you are a new freshman student at UA, you were automatically assigned an All Access meal plan. The All Access meal plan cost is $1,525. When Dining Services receives the sorority bid list (provided by Greek Affairs), all new freshman with an active All Access meal plan are downgraded to the Greek 50 automatically.
- Each student on the bid list will receive a credit for the All Access meal plan (-$1,525) on their student account. This will result in a net charge on the student account of $0.00 for the All Access meal plan. The Greek 50 meal plan charge will be applied to the student account in the amount of $450.
- The credit for the difference between the All Access meal plan and the Greek 50 meal plan will be applied to any outstanding balance due on the student account. If the student has no outstanding balance, the credit will be applied to the credit card that was last used on the student account up to the amount previously charged. If a credit card was not used to pay on the student account, a check or direct deposit payment will be processed.
- Please check your student account to verify the status of your account.
- All meal plans are sold as a yearly contract. You will be billed for the meal plan selected in fall and automatically billed for the same meal plan in spring on your Student Receivables account.
- Roll-over meals do not apply to cancelled or down-graded meal plans. Roll-over meals only roll over from the fall to the spring semester.
- Any remaining meals at the end of the spring semester are forfeited and do not roll over into the summer semester or the following fall semester.
- Guest meals mean that you have the ability to use your meals for a guest a maximum of 10 times per semester. Guest meals will be deducted from your guest meal balance at the time of use.
SUGGESTIONS & ASSISTANCE: Should you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com. For more specific information regarding dining plans, please see our website at www.bamadining.ua.edu.
Please note that All meal plans are sold as a yearly contract. You will billed for the meal plan selected in fall and automatically billed for the same meal plan in spring on your Student Receivables account. Rollover meals do not apply to cancelled or downgraded meal plans. Guest meals means that you have the ability to use your meals for a guest up to 10 times per semester.
Bama Dining - Box 870389 - Tuscaloosa, AL 35487 - 1-888-BAMAFOOD - 205-348-6816
Come join Bama Dining on: